As Christians, we are called to love and serve those in prison. As citizens of the Austin community, this program works!
Lives are changed, and people come out of prison with new hope and life skills that make for productive and healthy lives. The recidivism rate for TGOHM graduates falls far below that of the general released population.
"...it's all for the glory of God!!!
I love how He has changed my life!!!" Laura Jones, TGOHM graduate
Prison ministry is based in scripture
Here are some bible verses that help express the vision of our ministry.
- Matthew 25:36
- I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to see me.
- Matthew 25:40
- And the King will answer them, “Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.”
- Hebrews 13:3a
- Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them.
- Isaiah 42:6-7
- “I am the LORD, I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you; I will give you a covenant for the people, a light for the nations, to open the eyes of the blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness.”
- Luke 12:48b
- From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded, and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.
“The first time I visited the prison, I saw faces of women that could have easily been my neighbors, someone I might run into in my workplace, or that could be a member of my family. It was then that it occurred to me that ‘by the grace of God, there go I.’ It isn’t that I live on the edge, but truthfully, I think we are all one mistake away from being in prison ourselves.” Teri Brown, God of Hope Volunteer
Are you interested in more information about The God of Hope Ministries and how you can get involved now? Visit our main website.
Need more info about us?
- Watch the 3-minute “Join Us” video
- Invest 5-minutes and hear founder Robert Dorrough tell his story
- Call us at (512) 891-1649 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, to volunteer, donate or to ask questions.
Make a Pledge & Donate
You can download our pledge card form along with the optional bank draft form. For recurring donations please consider the bank draft option as bank drafts are less expensive to process. You can mail in your forms or you can email the forms to email@example.com
Legal Information: We are a registered 501(C)(3) non-profit charity that is entirely dependent on voluntary donations for it’s operation. Please consult your tax professional for more information on how that applies to your personal situation.